PostGIS database is best suited to store geographic data . Scaling GIS Data in non-relational data stores is easy due to the nature of its architecture.
Some of the Spatial Databases in addition to POSTGIS are
- Oracle RDBMS with Spatial or Locator
- IBM DB2 with Spatial Extender
- IBM Informix with Spatial Blade
- MongoDB supports two-dimensional geospatial indexes.
- GeoCouch is an extension to Apache CouchDB that adds two-dimensional spatial indexing support.
- Neo4j Spatial is a library of utilities for Neo4j that faciliates the enabling of spatial operations on data.
- SimpleGeo built a Scalable Geospatial Database with Apache Cassandra.
- Geodis is a Redis based geo resolving library
For more information about Spatial Databases Tips & Tricks, Please visit Link